AUD / USD
Currency pair AUD/USD
AUD/USD is a financial instrument that includes the Australian dollar and the US dollar.
The Australian dollar (AUD, “Aussie”) ranks 5th as the most traded currency in the world. The issuer is the Reserve Bank of Australia.
- The currency is actively used in exchange and trading as Australia tries to maintain high interest rates.
- The currency is influenced by Australia’s trade relations with countries such as China, Japan, and the United States.
- The currency can be classified as a “commodity” currency, as Australia’s economic development depends on exports of goods (especially gold and other metals).
The US dollar (USD, “Greenback”) is one of the most important world currencies. The issuer is the Federal Reserve System (the Fed).
- It is the most popular reserve currency held by central banks, financial institutions, and private investors.
- During instability, it is considered as a “safe haven” currency because of the generally recognized reliability of the US economy.
- It is used as a standard payment unit in commodity markets.